2. Probably old meme, but a book rec: Lies My Teacher Told Me by James W. Loewen. It basically talks about a lot of the lies and inaccuracies perpetuated by American History textbooks (maybe this is why American History was so boring?), and why they're wrong. Besides being interesting from a social and historical perspective, I think it's also a good writing resource because one of the major points it makes is that perfect, inhuman heroes are unrealistic and much harder to identify with than ordinary people.
3. Manga I'm in the process of reading:
- D. Gray-Man
- Count Cain (because I still haven't read some of the earlier chapters)
- Fairy Cube Lol, KY has a back fetish or something, I swear.
4. Manga I'm finished with:
- Death Note
- Cardcaptor Sakura
5. Manga I intend to start at some point:
- Katekyo Hitman Reborn! I have no idea what it's about, but everyone else seems to like it, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon.
- Spice and Wolf La la la, see above.
- Rose Hip Zero
- Goth Again, no idea what it's about, but I have the Japanese first volume, and then I saw there were scanslations, so why not?
- Crescent Moon
- Naruto The more painful alternative to suicide, I gather from the fandom.
Things that aren't on this list but should be? Things that are, but should be taken off to prevent my untimely death?
ETA: 6. Also, also-! Nicole needs to take a fucking shower, srsly. And wash her clothes, and not sleep in her clothes. And I have no idea what's up with her or if she's just stressed out, but every time I've asked her if she's ok, she's blown me off, so I don't want to be rude and press it. But at the same time, I can't help but think that she's really not all right, since she was ditching again yesterday, and she's such a grades perfectionist that I've got to think that something's up. Argh. Now I feel annoyed all over again.