You know how sometimes people on your friend's list post about stuff going on in their life, and all of a sudden you think "Wait a minute? Since when are they working THERE? Since when are they dating HIM/HER? since when???" And then you wonder how you could have missed all that seemingly pretty standard information, but somehow you feel too ashamed to ask for clarification because it seems like info you *should* already know? It happens to all of us sometimes.
Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-word answers seldom help anyone out.
1. First Name: Hester. Not really, but it's my ninja policy to not give out my actual first name.
2. Age: Nineteen
3. Location: Minnesota, specifically the north suburbs of the Twin Cities, where it's cold in the winter and nice and buggy in the summer.
5. Partner? No, relationships are scary.
6. Kids: At least I'm wise enough to know that I should never reproduce. I would be an absolutely terrible mother.
7. Brothers/Sisters: None
8. Pets: One extremely fat cat. A week or so back, we discovered that she had a bunch of really disgusting smelling pus coming out of her ear. It turned out that she had somehow gotten another abscess, and she refused to take her meds for it. Fortunately, it healed up on its own, but then she scratched another wound in the same spot. So make that one extremely stupid extremely fat cat.
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
- Finishing incomplete work for my classes from winter semester
- Trying to find a part-time summer job (and failing). Dear job market, please improve soon.
- Trying to write, but also failing at that. Damn you, writer's block. >.> Yeah, basically, I'm not really doing much of anything right now.
10. Where and for what did you go to school for? College of St. Catherine, English major. A BA in English is essentially useless, btw. Go, me! I really am going to stay in college forever.
11. Parents? Mom, strange but essentially harmless. Somewhat passive-aggressive; she should stop that. Dad, very irritating, does not understand the concept of personal space, yet at the same time does not like people. Go figure.
12. Who are some of your closest friends? I have no friends ;.; Okay, that's not entirely true; I have friends at school, but I haven't been seeing them over the summer. Which is actually perfectly fine with me since I don't really like the whole going out places with friends thing anyway.
All right. So, a few days ago, I was bored and I fished out my old Pokemon Red game for something to do and nostalgia value. ...And now I'm thoroughly addicted to it again. If I wanted to be slightly less of a loser, I would go out and buy Diamond/Pearl, but I don't have a DS and I can't really justify to myself the expense of buying one. Oh well, to be honest, I didn't really even like Sapphire all that much anyway, so I doubt if I would be thrilled with the newer ones. I always failed at Sapphire because I can't for the life of me actually build a fucking team and use a fucking strategy; I just like how in the earlier games, you can pretty much destroy everything with one pokemon. Good times.
Now if only I could get my Gold game to stop erasing itself every time I turn it off. Does anyone know why it does that/how to stop it from doing it? I'm sure I must have done something to it, but I don't know what.